1998-09-09 - Re: usa-v-cej-wc.htm (fwd)

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: 8bbcb7f745c17307b5d58164b4832d22b15221db8bd3ae5f726ea8a3393c00d0
Message ID: <v03130308b21c4e709187@[209.66.100.149]>
Reply To: <199809090053.TAA12423@einstein.ssz.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-09 15:42:18 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 23:42:18 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 23:42:18 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re: usa-v-cej-wc.htm (fwd)

At 1:56 AM -0700 9/9/98, Lucky Green wrote:
>On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Jim Choate wrote:
>(Quoting criminal complaint)
>> >    Internet group known as the "Cypherpunks." During the investigation of
>>
>> This guy has experience with the Internet and doesn't know the difference
>> between a group and a mailing list, what a maroon.
>
>I am sure he knows the difference. And in this case he was talking about
>a "Cypherpunks group", as in "the Cypherpunks militia", as in "criminal
>organization", not as in mailing list.

Who told him about the Cypherpunks Militia?  Does he know about the Jihad
to Liberate the Encrypted Places? Do they know about Cypherpunks Target
Practice?

(BTW, the use of the terms "group" and "mailing list" semi-interchangeably
is a natural one. I do it all the time. Check the archives.)

--Tim May

"The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of
tyrants...."
Licensed Ontologist              | black markets, collapse of governments.

Thread