1998-09-16 - Re: Your new password

Header Data

From: Lazlo Toth <lazlototh@hempseed.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: aff333921246ec0fe798733901c008f9d0d7177306502736f5078bdc760f9da4
Message ID: <v04011705b226162bb5d4@[199.125.98.24]>
Raw Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 20:36:27 +0800

Raw message

From: Lazlo Toth <lazlototh@hempseed.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 20:36:27 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Your new password

I predict that naughty cypherpunks will use these passwords to repeatedly
add the following names to "Schlomo"'s list of contacts:

mark@sixdegrees.com
webmaster@sixdegrees.com
postmaster@sixdegrees.com
issues@sixdegrees.com

If that doesn't work, really naughty cypherpunks may also add the addresses
of prominent journalists.

Of course, those things would be WRONG.

-Lazlo

>Name: Schlomo CyberPoopy
>sixdegrees password: linkcusp
>
>Congratulations Schlomo. You're well on your way to
>becoming a full sixdegrees(tm) member. Here is your member
>password: linkcusp. Use it to log-in on the home page
>at the sixdegrees Web site, http://www.sixdegrees.com.
>We'll ask you for a little more information to complete your
>registration, and then you'll be ready to start networking.
>
>It's important that you return to the site and log-in. Your
>membership will not be complete until you do so.
>
>Once you've successfully logged in with your password, just go
>to Personal Profile and you'll be able to choose your own
>password.
>
>Thanks for becoming part of sixdegrees. We're looking forward
>to seeing you at the site.

>PLEASE NOTE: All replies to this address are processed by a computer.
>If you believe you received this e-mail in error, and it was not your
>intention to become a sixdegrees member, or if you have any problems,
>questions or requests send an e-mail to issues@sixdegrees.com
>and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
>

>E.SI.BAM.1

Thread