1998-09-19 - Re: about hacking win95 passwords

Header Data

From: Anonymous <nobody@replay.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b5890aed51a7293954f902a651c75fd53fe4cce68aa3ea2e9f27786b8bbc8371
Message ID: <199809191946.VAA03649@replay.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 14:53:03 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <nobody@replay.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 14:53:03 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: about hacking win95 passwords

David Parkinson wrote:

> hello,
>
> 	my name is david parkinson
>
> i have taken a document of an ftp on how to hack win95 passwords
>
> your email address was on it.  in the part where it says here is a
>
> guick hack and then this is what it shows

C source snipped.

> i have no idea what that means and how it can help me hack win95
>
> passwords.
>
> if u could help we with this it would be greatly appreciated

Go to a bookstore and buy an introductory book on C programming. It might
cost as much as $50, but it is more than worth your while if you are
planning on messing with cryptography and cracking like this.

Once you have the book, read it and then try to analyze the source code.
If you are dealing with and using Windows, you will need a C compiler.
Cygnus has a free Win32 C compiler out as I understand it, and Microsoft
and Borland both have C compilers out for a few hundred bucks each.

If you are dealing with UNIX, there is tons of source and free development
utilities out there.

Thread