1998-09-08 - “info on spooks”

Header Data

From: Xena - Warrior Princess <xena@best.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c330e60eb15adf6fe3a1f58c8306ab2ab46de5a08810fde9157e83e1fd459528
Message ID: <Pine.BSF.4.02A.9809081023001.29273-100000@shell16.ba.best.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 01:36:58 +0800

Raw message

From: Xena - Warrior Princess <xena@best.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 01:36:58 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: "info on spooks"

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply.
Your question was:

> Maybe *you* can help, Mighty Oracle.

And in response, thus spake the Oracle:

}
}   In a way, you have come to the right place, Supplicant.  Some of my best
} friends are spooks.  Generally, they like to be known as "The Intangible
} Ones", but that's a bit of pretentiousness on their parts.  "Ghoul",
} "ghost", "spirit", and "weird white smudge on film" all are appropriate
} names.
}   Some of their favorite haunts, if you will, tend to be different than
} what current culture dictates.  For example, spooks will not hang out in
} old houses.  Too many cobwebs, bugs, and general naughtiness.  Spooks are
} very sensitive creatures, and prefer to relax in libraries, arboretums,
} Newt Gingrich's bedroom -- places where nothing ever happens.
}   There's not much else to spooks, dear Supplicant.  They're really quite
} nice and friendly, and I recommend you make them a big steak dinner every
} once in a while.  Leave it out on the table, and make sure you tell me
} your address so I can come by... er, so I can notify the spooks.
}
} You owe the Oracle some new potatoes to go with that steak.
}

Thread