1998-09-09 - CP Cite

Header Data

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ebd5ce5755b9254ee308efa06baaf1c8022a4d80f5aa34ef2c09cd96f4bec455
Message ID: <199809091318.JAA17051@camel7.mindspring.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 21:35:31 +0800

Raw message

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 21:35:31 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: CP Cite

We're putting together copies of cpunk messages Jeff
Gordon cites in the Carl Johnson complaint and have
found all in the archives except one dated June10, 1998.
Jeff describes it:

   15. On June 10, 1998, an anonymous message was
   posted to the Cypherpunks Internet group. In the
   message, it is stated that the bomber "placed the bomb
   before embarking on a middle-leg of the TruthMonger
   SoftTarget Tour of Planet Terra." The message also
   referenced an RCMP plan to "drive a known madman
   crazy enough to finally put him away turned bad, and
   resulted in a backlash of death and destruction ..." I
   noted that this message contained information about the
   courthouse bomb incident which had not previously been
   made public, and was written in a style and manner
   which I recognized as being similar to other writings
   which my investigation has linked to JOHNSON. In his
   interview with Special Agent Sheridan, JOHNSON
   acknowledged using the name TruthMonger, and also
   stated he had psychological problems, both of which
   correspond to this message.

We'd appreciate getting a copy (yes, Jeff, if you would, anon ok).

BTW, there's a brief message from Lucky Green yesterday
in the archives on CEJ which did not appear on the
cyberpass list, AFAIK, although it was sent to ssz.com. Do such
gaps happen much in CDR?

Yeah, yeah, I post to toad, and aim to be the last one who
does, so drive me AP-mad.

BTW2, anybody know what Linda Reed thinks of her infame?

BTW3, we heard from TX that CJ's music/perform art is going to
be boosted in concert with his god-sent cornseed of publicity.

Thread