1998-10-15 - Who is next? (re Jim’s subpoena)

Header Data

From: “William J. Hartwell” <billh@ibag.com>
To: cypherpunks@einstein.ssz.com
Message Hash: 15b46b2ed85ad5ea9ac794d85d250ff2a3e4236a2348e91890b81cfdcd7809ff
Message ID: <3.0.5.32.19981015084148.00943940@mail.xroads.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 00:21:54 +0800

Raw message

From: "William J. Hartwell" <billh@ibag.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 00:21:54 +0800
To: cypherpunks@einstein.ssz.com
Subject: Who is next? (re Jim's subpoena)

This ran through my mind this morning before I was totally awake. Maybe
somebody can help me with the original author of this....

When they came for Kevin Mitnick I said nothing. After all he was a big
time hacker and I wasn't a hacker so I did not speak up.

When they came for Jim Bell I said nothing. He was a criminal and I am not
a criminal so I didn't speak up.

When they came for Toto I said nothing. Surely he was nuts and I am
completely sane so I didn't speak up.

When they came for Jim Choate I said nothing. He runs a cypherpunks mailing
list and I don't manage any lists so I didn't speak up.

When they come for me who will be left to speak up?

This is a poor paraphrase of the original but I wonder if it is something
that we may be saying here in the U.S. soon?

--
					William J. Hartwell
					   (602)987-8436

billh@ibag.com			billh@interdem.com		billh@hartwell.net