1998-10-26 - Re: Rendering ( was MIB Subponeas )

Header Data

From: Michael Motyka <mmotyka@lsil.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7b737145ea285665a8837a72964ccf25cd9265688a57db53861b5f0b706aae66
Message ID: <36350081.157B@lsil.com>
Reply To: <6ef52a1a.3634f180@aol.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-10-26 23:52:38 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 07:52:38 +0800

Raw message

From: Michael Motyka <mmotyka@lsil.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 07:52:38 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Rendering ( was MIB Subponeas )

(Mr/Mrs/Ms) Hack,

Many thanks in advance for your generous and gracious assistance.

Please tell me where I've headed off the proper path.

Without having read any detailed descriptions I thought an AP bot might
do the following :

Form a token pool associated with some desired event.

Accept tokens from any source into that pool.

Transfer the entire pool of tokens to the entity that could demonstrate
foreknowledge of significant details of the actual event outcome.

Couldn't this be more general than just AP? Generalized it could be used
for any collectively rewarded effort but its main application looks like
anonymous conspiracy. This may be good, maybe not. What I was wondering
was if in a very generalized form the server might be "innocent," a mere
public bulletin board.

Also, couldn't a server like this be implemented as a distributed system
that could survive the destruction of some fraction of its body?

Again, I apologize for being slow but I do try.

Regards,
Mike

Thread