1998-10-20 - Re: Dorkslayers..

Header Data

From: Missouri FreeNet Administration <sysadmin@mfn.org>
To: “‘cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 9c854a8d5d6aca99a92a11bd16c7ea593a381756d9eea0d6c657cc4a0f4b15d0
Message ID: <01BDFBA8.6C12F0A0@noc.mfn.org>
Raw Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 11:23:22 +0800

Raw message

From: Missouri FreeNet Administration <sysadmin@mfn.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 11:23:22 +0800
To: "'cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Re: Dorkslayers..

We had a run-in with Dorkslayers last night too :(

The first time we brought out our sendmail update,
we left it in it's "Virgin state" for approximately
6 hours for monitoring.  During that period we "failed"
a "relay test", and were blacklisted.  As an RBL subscriber,
I was appalled at the difference in attitudes between vix
and dorkslayers.  It is obvious after just a momentary look
at the web site that they are out to "have some fun"
antagonizing others.

The RBL will mail a notice.  These slimebags don't even
care if you have had an illegal relay: all they care about
is finding an  *excuse*  to put you on their list.  Why is
a group "dedicated to saving the InterNet" giving it's biggest
prominence (in terms of W3 space) to hate mail recieved from
people that D/S has intentionally wronged?

This group is actually *hurting* the cause significantly.  I
was furious enough that I almost left the anti-relay out just
to piss them off.  The problem is, *that's what they really want*.

Getting off is easy, just configure your networks they way *THEY*
want them configured: your clients/customers/employees can all
go to hell as far as Dorkslayers is concerned. VERY POOR.

Perhaps a torrent of mail asking *THEM* to clean up their
act would be a "push in the right direction"?

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@mfn.org
(Who will not doubt be back on their list by tomorrow
for daring to bad mouth the all-mighty "Dorkslayers")

Thread