1998-10-21 - Re: Women cannot commit rape?

Header Data

From: “Edwin E. Smith” <edsmith@IntNet.net>
To: Tim Griffiths <griffith@wis.weizmann.ac.il>
Message Hash: a694f39949f3d29730b988974332d973cbae50d6bf0d11af635bbce7f40a5f41
Message ID: <3.0.2.32.19981021183752.0097b390@mailhost.IntNet.net>
Reply To: <362DD16D.2B1A6570@wis.weizmann.ac.il>
UTC Datetime: 1998-10-21 22:43:40 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 15:43:40 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: "Edwin E. Smith" <edsmith@IntNet.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 15:43:40 -0700 (PDT)
To: Tim Griffiths <griffith@wis.weizmann.ac.il>
Subject: Re: Women cannot commit rape?

This judge obviously never heard of being "Scared stiff!" (I'm not
joking!)

At 02:19 PM 10/21/98 +0200, you wrote:
>French Supreme Court rules that women cannot commit rape
>
>Copyright (c) 1998 Nando.net
>Copyright (c) 1998 Reuters News Service
>
>PARIS (October 21, 1998 06:38 a.m. EDT http://www.nandotimes.com) -
>France's
>Supreme Court ruled on Wednesday that women are unable to commit the
>crime of
>rape because they cannot sexually penetrate men.
>
>"The material element of the crime of rape is only realized if the
>perpetrator
>commits the act of sexual penetration on the person of the victim,"
it
>said in
>its judgment.
>
>The court, known as the Cour de Cassation, overturned a lower court
>ruling
>that Catherine Maillard could be tried for rape on charges of
forcing
>her
>underage stepson to have sex with her repeatedly between 1986 and
1992.

>Maillard could only be tried for "aggravated sexual aggression"
against
>the
>boy, while his father Michel Deloisy had to be tried for "moral
>abandonment of
>a child" instead of the original charge of "complicity in aggravated
>rape,"
>the court said.
>
>With its judgment, the court seemed to contradict an earlier ruling
it
>issued
>in December 1997 saying that forcing someone to perform oral sex act
was
>legally equivalent to rape.
>

>--
>Tim Griffiths                   griffith@wis.weizmann.ac.il
>Center for Submicron Research   http://tim01.ex.ac.uk
>Weizmann Institute of Science   (972)-8-934-2736
>Rehovot 76100 Israel
>PGP Public key available - finger tim@tim01.ex.ac.uk
>
>The real value lies not in what I say or do,
>but in your reaction to it.  -DF

When freedom is outlawed.......Only outlaws will be free!

If cryptography is outlawed, pomz pvumbxt xjmm ibwf dszquphsbqiz.

Fun! Fast! Revealing! Try "The World's Smallest Political Quiz" at:
   http://www.self-gov.org/quiz.html

IS AIDS A GOVERNMENT/DRUG COMPANY HOAX?
   http://www.virusmyth.com/aids/index.htm

When you blame others, you give up your power to change.
Dr. Robert Anthony

Libertarian Party of Hillsborough County, FL
   http://home.tampabay.rr.com/lphc

When a place gets crowded enough to require ID's, social collapse is not far
away. It is time to go elsewhere. The best thing about space travel is that
it made it possible to go elsewhere.

Lazarus Long

Thread