1998-10-08 - No Subject

Header Data

From: Tom Allard <m1tca00@FRB.GOV>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: c3759188ecf8d12f00e4485179f6b32e28e8bc299d01597e677e09f679cb8022
Message ID: <199810081453.KAA05551@maue1.frb.gov>
Raw Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 23:37:34 +0800

Raw message

From: Tom Allard <m1tca00@FRB.GOV>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 23:37:34 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: No Subject

To: "'m1tca00@frb.gov'" <m1tca00@ccgate.FRB.GOV>
Subject: Request for Assistance
From: Gordon Jeff  INSP <Jeff.Gordon@inspection.irs.gov>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:42:12 -0400
Return-Receipt-To: Gordon Jeff  INSP <Jeff.Gordon@inspection.irs.gov>

Hello,

The IRS and United States Attorney's office are looking for assistance
in a criminal investigation involving threatening messages which were
posted to the Cypherpunks mailing list.  This e-mail address was noted
to be one of those which receives the Cypherpunks list.  I would
appreciate it if you would contact me to discuss whether you would be
willing to assist us in this matter, and what records or information you
have relating to the Cypherpunks list.  You can contact me at this
e-mail address or at (503) 326-2787.

Thanks

Jeff

Thread