1998-10-19 - Re: What’s up with algebra.com?

Header Data

From: ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: jya@pipeline.com (John Young)
Message Hash: e8b6f5ac5c1c8c52cb9df60f23fe915bcd32de6ccf38643c1c4984f28e970696
Message ID: <199810190043.TAA03178@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <199810182353.TAA07347@camel7.mindspring.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-10-19 01:09:57 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 09:09:57 +0800

Raw message

From: ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 09:09:57 +0800
To: jya@pipeline.com (John Young)
Subject: Re: What's up with algebra.com?

As far as algebra.com is concerned, the list went down because
my upstream site just installed anti-relaying rules, and everything
going to algebra.com was rejected. Also, sendmail was not setuid
and could not create mqueue files.

I wish I could boast receiving attention from the IRS/BATF or
whatever, but so far i has not happened.

igor

John Young wrote:

> What with the Feds now going after CJ for attempted
> murder of federal officials (film ad overkill!), Jeff Gordon
> soliciting cypherpunk subscribers to flesh that fancy,
> and one CDR operator flattered with a subpoena, it'd be
> prudent to have a way to check on whether a CDR node
> has been taken down or turned, and the operator hogtied
> with the system as evidence (or forced to run a sting to
> gather it), before a clamp's put on telling what's going on.
>
> May be too late, too late.
>
> Recall it's a major offense for revealing placement of a
> wiretap, surveillance or a covert investigation -- especially
> if you're assisting, willingly or unwillingly.
>
> Not that one should advocate hiding what might be construed
> as evidence or exposing underbelly work that's ordered concealed.
> Why that might be taken to be pushing a conspiracy against
> WMD-crazed authority rather than promoting personal hygiene
> with lots of sunshine and vigorous exercise of rights to fanciful
> imaginings of what a world would be like without minders galore.
>
> Whistling in the dark, mind you.
>
> Consider that there are 118,000 federal prisoners. That's a very
> big inhospitality business, and its growing, private and feds rubbing
> hands and futures. For an overview of exactly how the chain
> operates (in case you're planning a stay or a stock buy) gander
> the list of its bountiful rules and regs:
>
>    http://jya.com/bop-progstat.htm
>
> Inmates are forbidden access to the Internet (PS 1241.02 Internet
> and the World Wide Web), however, they are encouraged to do
> creative writing (PS 5350.07 Inmate Manuscripts), so Jim Bell,
> CJ and a few of us deserve a suite overlooking the garden of
> evil.

	- Igor.

Thread