1998-10-04 - RE: GPL & commercial software, the critical distinction (fwd)

Header Data

From: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@echeque.com>
To: Jim Choate <cypherpunks@einstein.ssz.com (Cypherpunks Distributed Remailer)
Message Hash: f9e802581b8a75fb9d30e956f0158d8dd578bd66f5ae3ba8f528942bbcbd8ac7
Message ID: <4.0.2.19981004124328.00a7a100@shell11.ba.best.com>
Reply To: <199810041405.JAA31171@einstein.ssz.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-10-04 07:06:33 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 15:06:33 +0800

Raw message

From: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@echeque.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 15:06:33 +0800
To: Jim Choate <cypherpunks@einstein.ssz.com (Cypherpunks Distributed Remailer)
Subject: RE: GPL & commercial software, the critical distinction (fwd)

At 09:05 AM 10/4/98 -0500, Jim Choate wrote:
> Coke is a free-market? That's a laugh. I suggest you study
> the history of the Crips and related gangs, or the
> international Coke distributors.

Except for police intervention, anyone is free to buy coke
from dealers affiliated with the Crips, affiliated with the
Bloods, or affiliated with any one of several smaller
providers of such services.

Generally competition between these groups mostly resembles
the competition between Visa and Mastercard with shoot outs
being the exception rather than the rule.  Shootouts are bad
for business.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     Z3KdZnJI+f5vF118VFL0MXvnc/vax1L5aOSwtuLC
     4wEeXVOQ8uu5x6lqxMjR/dzZelSR7LUosYe37IJQM
We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because
of the kind of animals that we are. True law derives from this
right, not from the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.

http://www.jim.com/jamesd/      James A. Donald

Thread