1998-10-12 - Gates v 2.0

Header Data

From: Anonymous <nobody@replay.com>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: fbd7d79c3b5df150dc55f56832817f1cba78fefc1b8e860b64a2c2fb53a3df8a
Message ID: <199810121902.VAA13050@replay.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 03:22:29 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <nobody@replay.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 03:22:29 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Gates v 2.0

Besides the FBI's DNA database, in today's (Oct. 12th, 1998)
New York Times is a John Markoff commentary "
Memo Offers a Glimpse of Gates 2.0" about a 14 page
memo written by Bill Gates in Sept., entitled "The Era Ahead".

In this memo, Gates "describes a new system to be called Megaserver
which will provide computer users with access to their personal
information and electronic mail wherever they have an Internet
connection."

Holy Hotmail Batman! That Bill is right on top of things!

Further along, the article paraphases Bill that that the operating
system "will play an increasing role in protecting intellectual piracy
against from data piracy by tracking the use of information
and preventing illicit copying."

I can see my future now, logging into Windows 2000 with the handy
keyboard DNA sampler. However, all of my software is registered to
my dog. Here boy...

Thread