1998-10-12 - RE: DNA

Header Data

From: “X” <xasper8d@lobo.net>
To: <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: fbf261b4e8473f0f5ad665c172d8e7b0fc7e9fea15ad62b807b85613a75abb9e
Message ID: <000001bdf62a$1a05f7e0$8a2580d0@xasper8d>
Reply To: <Pine.BSF.4.02A.9810121317430.21444-100000@shell16.ba.best.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-10-12 22:20:10 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 06:20:10 +0800

Raw message

From: "X" <xasper8d@lobo.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 06:20:10 +0800
To: <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: RE: DNA

A DNA Database can actually be used for many nifty things that will improve
the lives of taxpayers and consumers alike.  For example, if we only had the
resources to sample DNA from every American, then cross reference that DNA
with, say, their CREDIT REPORT, then we'd know what type of genetic make-up
has a predisposition toward not paying their bills and we'd save so many
untold billions of dollars by not lending those genetic deadbeats any more
money.  Interest rates would plummet!  Plus, if you had the _right_ DNA,
they could just approve you on the spot!

If we had a DNA sample of all world citizens, then the pesky problem of the
whole "it was either O.J. that was the killer or there's a one in five
billion chance it was someone else" would simply disappear.

And, just think of the social improvements:  why, if you forget to ask the
name of last nights suitor, you can scrape some DNA samples off the end of
your cat-o-nine-tails, slip it into your M.S. DNA Reader(tm) and instantly
add them to your outlook addressbook.  (That is, if they have good credit,
natch.)

Man, my verbosity gene is in overdrive today!