1998-11-05 - Re: DigiCash Inc. to File Reorganization, Seeks Partners to Driv

Header Data

From: “Warren E. Agin” <agin@tiac.net>
To: rah@shipwright.com>
Message Hash: 168a63e931292c33221f771a38667dae00be54a0b480e37153c717d5997b4249
Message ID: <199811051422.OAA10028@mail-out-4.tiac.net>
Reply To: <v04020a12b2666fb92bd4@[139.167.130.246]>
UTC Datetime: 1998-11-05 15:10:44 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 23:10:44 +0800

Raw message

From: "Warren E. Agin" <agin@tiac.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 23:10:44 +0800
To: rah@shipwright.com>
Subject: Re: DigiCash Inc. to File Reorganization, Seeks Partners to Driv

Finally, some real meat for a bankruptcy/technology lawyer.  I've
been predicting for some time now that technology
companies will start to use the bankruptcy process as the industry
starts to shake out.  The PR aside, these filings are generally
prompted by one or more strata of large debt obligations or
convertable securities, and the company's inability to continue to
make required payments.  What DigiCash will probably do is
restructure its existing debt structures while seeking partners to
obtain additional cash flows needed to continue operations.

I'll be interested to see how it all works out.

-Warren Agin
Boston, Massachusetts
> FYI...
>
> DigiCash Inc. to File Reorganization, Seeks Partners to Drive eCash Forward
>
> PALO ALTO, CALIF.--November 4, 1998
>
> DigiCash Inc. has announced that it is entering into a Chapter 11
> reorganization to allow it to pursue strategic alternatives for its
> electronic cash ("eCash" T) products and the associated intellectual assets
> pioneered by DigiCash.

               Warren E. Agin
         Law Offices of Warren E. Agin
       76 Canal Street, Boston MA 02114