1998-11-19 - manners and piracy

Header Data

From: “Bernardo B. Terrado” <bbt@mudspring.uplb.edu.ph>
To: Jim Gillogly <jim@acm.org>
Message Hash: 1e5c4593eb00e109b0d425356968a6c9c9c297c06d4648e2c730a823999dd343
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.96.981119114004.1068A-100000@mudspring.uplb.edu.ph>
Reply To: <365371F6.2D9A3CB0@acm.org>
UTC Datetime: 1998-11-19 03:47:26 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 19:47:26 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Bernardo B. Terrado" <bbt@mudspring.uplb.edu.ph>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 19:47:26 -0800 (PST)
To: Jim Gillogly <jim@acm.org>
Subject: manners and piracy

I don't intend to pirate anything or make someone do  it in any case.

Well anyway thank you for your reply.
What I'm trying to point out is this
  it is OK with me if you say "Take your piracy requests elsewhere"
  it is not OK with me if you say " ...fuck yourself"

gets?

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Jim Gillogly wrote:

> Bernardo B. Terrado wrote:
> > > Could someone give me a copy of statgraphics for dos or windows?
> > > I would gladly appreciate it.
>
> and then took issue with somebody obscenely taking him to task for
> asking these lists for a pirated version of this software:
>
> > Well I thought this list was a list of intellectuals, not only good in
> > hacks and coding and programming and the likes but also well "tailored"
> > with their manners,
>
> Bernardo, this package costs in the neighborhood of $900 US.  What makes
> you think the mannered intellectuals you expect to find on these
> lists would either condone or contribute to software piracy on this
> scale?  Or that they would not take violent verbal objection to the
> suggestion that they would do so?
>
> Take your piracy requests elsewhere.  These aren't warez lists.
> --
> 	Jim Gillogly
> 	29 Blotmath S.R. 1998, 01:12
> 	12.19.5.12.12, 4 Eb 5 Ceh, Ninth Lord of Night

Thread