1998-11-25 - Re: Interesting tidbit about media controlling and censoringopinions, Web Pol…

Header Data

From: Nilsphone@aol.com
To: Martin.P@parl.gc.ca, e$@vmeng.com
Message Hash: f73132ae68260a8c36e150e05efa89b37159f426ee92a99c0ece662b65ac76d3
Message ID: <4d95422.365c6a69@aol.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 05:15:28 +0800

Raw message

From: Nilsphone@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 05:15:28 +0800
To: Martin.P@parl.gc.ca, e$@vmeng.com
Subject: Re: Interesting tidbit about media controlling and censoringopinions, Web Pol...

I have noticed something else:

Our networks (NBC, ABC, CBS etc) will interview a politician, on camera,
and then immediately afterwards tell the viewers/listeners WHAT HE SAID!

I am not talking about commentary, extrapolations, consequences, comparison
with other opinions, commantaries about the truth or falsehood of what whas
said,
no, the TVnetspeakcritter will  say "Well, we heard President Ougadougou
Cleptocrate
say that....." even when the interviewee spoke English, or was dubbed.

Bye the way, for reasons related to those in the original mail, I much prefer
subtitles to dubbing, as the speaker's voice gives away many clues, even if I
am unfamiliar with his language.

Regards

Nils Andersson

>[THE FOLLOWING IS IS A VERY INTERESTING OBSERVATION... JFA. ]

>See, we have to work on demystifying all the "news" we are getting and NEVER
TAKE
>ANY at face value. Did you noticed often on the news they show a "talking
head"
>with the sound off and CBC own comentator narates what has been said. This is
>train us to get used to it (communist regime trick I've seen so often) so
they can
>put anything to anybody's mouth when needed - and sometimes they do already.
>Nothing new under the Sun.

Thread