1998-12-01 - NZ or LA in Y2K

Header Data

From: Anonymous <nobody@replay.com>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 6d9cc81d39837d4a446500d0b1f801f54b4727ec26dfa4754389fa62cfd9f696
Message ID: <199812011551.QAA03245@replay.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 00:38:49 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <nobody@replay.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 00:38:49 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: NZ or LA in Y2K

At 07:54 PM 11/30/98 -3000, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:

>But objectively, there is a large category of people who are bored
>with their current lifestyle and gleefully expect a "total breakdown"
>of the society so that they could shoot live man sized targets instead
>of boring paper targets.
>
>They are likely to be disappointed by Y2K, or so I expect. (again,
>my expectation that social breakdown is not likely to happen does
>not preclude me from reasonable preparations)

When the power goes out, the rioting and looting starts
in the cities.  (This isn't New Zealand, baby, this is LA)

When the rioters get bored, they'll get into cars.
When they run out of gas, they'll stay where they are stranded
as the gas pumps don't work.  Some fine huntin' then, bubba.

   Mr. Moisin-Nagant

Thread