1998-12-01 - Fw: 1998-11-30 Memorandum to Department Heads on Electronic Commerce

Header Data

From: “kryz” <chrisharwig@hetnet.nl>
To: “Cypherpunks” <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: a975cbfa1b563979abe39981ece2f1abcd7e4dde7c6d2ad49e9cc9603516c205
Message ID: <MAPI.Id.0016.0072797a202020203030303430303034@MAPI.to.RFC822>
Reply To: <19981130204732.0.MAIL-SERVER@pub1.pub.whitehouse.gov>
UTC Datetime: 1998-12-01 17:16:33 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 09:16:33 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "kryz" <chrisharwig@hetnet.nl>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 09:16:33 -0800 (PST)
To: "Cypherpunks" <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Fw: 1998-11-30 Memorandum to Department Heads on Electronic Commerce

----------
| Date: maandag 30 november 1998 19:47:00
| From: The White House
| To: Public-Distribution@pub.pub.whitehouse.gov
| Subject: 1998-11-30 Memorandum to Department Heads on Electronic Commerce
|

|                             THE WHITE HOUSE
|
|                      Office of the Press Secretary
| ________________________________________________________________________
| For Immediate Release                                  November 30, 1998
|

|                             November 30, 1998
|

| MEMORANDUM FOR THE HEADS OF EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES
|
| SUBJECT:  Successes and Further Work on Electronic Commerce
|

|     The Internet and electronic commerce have the potential to
| transform the world economy.  The United States Government is committed
| to a market-driven policy architecture that will allow the new digital
| economy to flourish while at the same time protecting citizens' rights
| and freedoms.
|
|     Today my Administration has released a report that details the
| significant progress made on the implementation of my Directive on
| Electronic Commerce of July 1, 1997, and its accompanying policy
| statement, "A Framework for Global Electronic Commerce."  The electronic
| commerce working group that has coordinated the United States
| Government's electronic commerce strategy has accomplished a great deal

Thread