1998-12-21 - Re: NSA Org Chart

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
To: John Young <cypherpunks@EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Message Hash: ab12797738252f274171bbe4c2a6a95bd85d029b01e940de0fe5b79bf2efc40b
Message ID: <19981220215426.A969@weathership.homeport.org>
Reply To: <199812181558.KAA27257@camel7.mindspring.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-12-21 03:18:44 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:18:44 +0800

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:18:44 +0800
To: John Young <cypherpunks@EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Subject: Re: NSA Org Chart

Interestingly, the export control liason is not on the chart.  Perhaps
this is a result of Whit pointing out in his book* that it was G2033,
an intelligence group.  One of its roles was to collect information to
help other groups understand the technology they were looking at.

*Privacy on the Line, with Susan Landau, 1998.  If you haven't read
it, do.  I found it quite worthwhile and enjoyable.  Most cypherpunks
will already be familiar with most of whats there, but the footnotes
and asides are wonderful, and its a good compendium and overview.

Adam

On Fri, Dec 18, 1998 at 10:47:05AM -0500, John Young wrote:
| Thanks to Defense Information and Electronics Report
| we offer NSA's organizational chart, which was obtained
| by DI&ER under the FOIA:
|
|    http://jya.com/nsa-chart.htm

					               -Hume

Thread