1998-12-11 - Re: Linux Encrypted File Sytem

Header Data

From: ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: mikeg@soonernet.com
Message Hash: afeb0703cae36cfb40ceea30a7ae4b528adb52bf613742681de4d869c06f847b
Message ID: <199812111945.NAA16936@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <XFMail.981211124103.mikeg@soonernet.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-12-11 21:00:10 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 05:00:10 +0800

Raw message

From: ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 05:00:10 +0800
To: mikeg@soonernet.com
Subject: Re: Linux Encrypted File Sytem

Did you try CFS? It does not require any patches to the kernel or
the mount program.

igor

Mike Gorsuch wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I'm hoping that you guys can point me in the right direction.  I have become
> very interested in the idea of an encrypted file system, rather than encrypting
> individual files.  I read an article in the Linux Journal that talked about how
> to give Linux the support.  Well, first I had to get the source for an older
> kernel, 2.0.30, and use the patches.  It patched and compiled fine. Next I was
> supposed to patch mount.  The problem I am facing is that the mount source will
> not take the patch right.
>
> If anyone can help me on these two issues I would be very happy:
>
> 1) What source version of mount do I need to use?
>
> 2) Is there a way to get kernel 2.0.35 or later to use this support?
>
> Mike

> "The Darkest Hour is Always Just Before Dawn..."
>
> Mike Gorsuch
> aka Wulfgang
> ICQ UIN 670820
> email: mikeg@soonernet.com