1998-12-07 - RE: What was the quid pro quo for Wassenaar countries?

Header Data

From: “Brown, R Ken” <brownrk1@texaco.com>
To: jya@pipeline.com>
Message Hash: bfc2f56b920ea0140346dc3099e37ccf8d3ccbef40b3d116a2ef88d1a8a57c93
Message ID: <896C7C3540C3D111AB9F00805FA78CE2013F85FD@MSX11002>
Raw Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 00:36:18 +0800

Raw message

From: "Brown, R Ken" <brownrk1@texaco.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 00:36:18 +0800
To: jya@pipeline.com>
Subject: RE: What was the quid pro quo for Wassenaar countries?

John Young talked about the way the TLAs are whipping up the War Against
Drugs and the threat od  terrorists,  WMDs and bogies (in English slang
"bogies" are little bits of partially dried snot that plug up your nose...
but  that's by-the-by) and concludes with:

[... If Bruce Hoffman is right ...]

> then the menace of terrorism is worse than that hawked during
> the Cold War. The enemy is not distant, not even ICBM seconds
> away, but rather it lives amongst us, it's our neighbors readying
> Armageddon not merely a familiar commie takeover.

Ambulance Driver: "Yeah, Doc, there was a nasty accident out on the
interstate."

Dr. Bassett: "Bad one, eh?"

Ambulance Driver: "Yeah, a truck and a car collided. Ya know, it was kinda
funny... the truck was carrying a load of the strangest-looking seed pods."

Ken Brown

Thread