1998-12-07 - RE: tyranny of corporations (was: Corporate Nations)

Header Data

From: “Blanc” <blancw@cnw.com>
To: <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net>
Message Hash: ff6748e3747959a941e06f999a58999393e8faadf43c3b61328522988c1e6c9f
Message ID: <000601be21b0$b087c0c0$838195cf@blanc>
Reply To: <v04003a00b290e4af9eda@[24.1.50.17]>
UTC Datetime: 1998-12-07 07:36:15 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 15:36:15 +0800

Raw message

From: "Blanc" <blancw@cnw.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 15:36:15 +0800
To: <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net>
Subject: RE: tyranny of corporations (was: Corporate Nations)

From
Steve Schear:
<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2>
The solution to hyperindividualism isn't
regulation (which can be blunted or co-opted by those with the bucks) but
allowing those below to profitably advance at the expense of those at the top.
Dynamic equilibrium in a new marketplace. Sort of like the way Klingons get
field rank advancements.
<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2>.................................
<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2>

What
do you mean, Steve, "at the expense of those at the top"?
(I'm not aware of how the Klingons get their field rank
advancements).
<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2>
Also,
this image of hyperindividualism doesn't seem right.  I would think such an
extreme degree of individualism would exclude much involvement with others,
meaning they could not run corporations, because for a business to exist
requires involvement in providing a service/product to the largest numbers of
the population as possible,  and they can only do this if this large mass
of people see the value of, and accept, in preference to the offerings of the
competition, what that particular corporation offers.
<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2>
imagine a hyperindividual more as an independent contractor working
"alone".
   ..Blanc

Thread