1992-11-26 - MIME

Header Data

From: rebma!rebma!wmo@kksys.mn.org
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 926b824e86475cf07f94150d7c6898d1621a626178cccfad93a91af7dcde4cca
Message ID: <m0mudhV-0006TAC@rebma.rebma.mn.org>
Raw Date: Thu, 26 Nov 92 00:22:31 PST

Raw message

From: rebma!rebma!wmo@kksys.mn.org
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 92 00:22:31 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: MIME

I got the metamail stuff running on my machine.  I think it's a good way to
get the multimedia mail job done.

Does anyone on the list have a better .mailcap entry for pgp than the
following....?

application/pgp ; pgp < %s ; label="PGP encrypted text" ; compose="pgpcompose %s"

where pgpcompose is a quick hack that looks like:
#!/usr/bin/ksh

rm /tmp/pgpcompose
vi /tmp/pgpcompose
echo What key?
read key
pgp -mae /tmp/pgpcompose $key
mv /tmp/pgpcompose.asc $1
exit 0

I've just been fooling around with metamail for a couple days, and I don't
know what the best way to include PGP is...  This seems to work, but I'm
guessing I'm missing something more elegant.

-Bill
--
Bill O'Hanlon						 wmo@rebma.mn.org

Thread