1993-02-05 - Re: ‘Sunday Times’ article on GSM changes

Header Data

From: ncselxsi!chasw@netcom.com (Charles E. Wareing)
To: eff.org!phiber@netcom.com (Phiber Optik)
Message Hash: 2e30bd2f6e0201436af38ae7d831a01eab83fc60b16c56ff5442a6ae26cfb939
Message ID: <9302052253.AA16230@ncselxsi.UUCP>
Reply To: <199302052123.AA26150@eff.org>
UTC Datetime: 1993-02-05 23:22:47 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 5 Feb 93 15:22:47 PST

Raw message

From: ncselxsi!chasw@netcom.com (Charles E. Wareing)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 93 15:22:47 PST
To: eff.org!phiber@netcom.com (Phiber Optik)
Subject: Re: 'Sunday Times' article on GSM changes

> I must admit, the last thing I would've thought I'd see on this list is
> mindless, uninformed blabbering about "REMOBz".
> Give it a rest, will ya?

Maybe I'm a little out-of-sorts today, but...

I've heard (via Tv reports, reading, etc) that PhiberOptik (paraphrasing
here) "...knows more about Phone Systems than most Bell engineers".  Why
on Earth would you respond the way you did, rather than:

   1. Ignoring it
   2. Providing pointers to technical sources
   3. Refuting it with information.

I flame about *lots* of stuff, though I am, after all, a Sensei. Lose
sight of your ability to teach, and you are nothing more than another
Technocrat.

--
Charlie Wareing    [:-)>             * "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
chasw@ncselxsi.uucp                  * "If it's jammed, force it. If it

Thread