1993-05-22 - Consider “Working Assets” phone service instead of AT&T

Header Data

From: pigeon@idr.org (Larissa Carlson)
To: zippy@berry.cs.brandeis.edu
Message Hash: 1bd512be5e9c65e7e02774f943946063a23686e48303817b3bf7658ed1afc95b
Message ID: <9305220118.AA17621@wombat.gnu.ai.mit.edu>
Reply To: <9305211418.AA10692@berry.cs.brandeis.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-05-22 01:18:40 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 21 May 93 18:18:40 PDT

Raw message

From: pigeon@idr.org (Larissa Carlson)
Date: Fri, 21 May 93 18:18:40 PDT
To: zippy@berry.cs.brandeis.edu
Subject: Consider "Working Assets" phone service instead of AT&T

I used to sell Working Assets.  In answer to the question about
reselling of the lines, it works like this:
1.  All the phone companies lease some lines from other companies in
order to access all regions in order to provide equal access and
competitivesness.  This opened the door for small start up companies
to lease lines instead of setting up whole new systems.  There are
quite afew companies who do this.  Working Assets leases from Sprint.
They, unlike AT&T don't provide all the communication system contracts
for the govt. and military.
specific issues wreaks of the same type of Big Brotherism as the
others:
Everyone has a choice as to what they say to the people targetted.
Plus the phone call IS free.  Third if the privacy opponents and right
wingers and conservatives are wielding havoc on our system why
shouldn't we have access to the same methods to affect govt. policy as
they do.  WA has actually published # that while public are not listed
in any directories.  This is a useful tool.  Lets not waste the
resources we have.

Thread