1993-05-25 - Say again?

Header Data

From: andrew m. boardman <amb@cs.columbia.edu>
To: mab@crypto.com
Message Hash: bd0fd5d6c9afe2c3ac85f166e821919ce350913bf8c02265ba576aad5a745a37
Message ID: <199305252313.AA17325@ground.cs.columbia.edu>
Reply To: <9305252228.AA06769@crypto.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-05-25 23:14:07 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 25 May 93 16:14:07 PDT

Raw message

From: andrew m. boardman <amb@cs.columbia.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 May 93 16:14:07 PDT
To: mab@crypto.com
Subject: Say again?

   >This was based on a verbal conversation at Interop with someone from
   >uunet, from whom the tapes are purchased.  I or they could be
   >mis[led|informed|remembering], but if you really care, ask uunet.

Having just spoken to someone who contracts at the NSA (and no, this name
I will not post), he does not believe they get such a beast, although, as
many people have pointed out, the FBI did.  That, then, would be the
origin of that, along with some TLA confusion.

   Actually, the most alarming revelation here could be that someone at uunet
   is going around casually disclosing information about their customers.

A lot of people perceive the government as having neither a right nor a
need to privacy.  Certainly there are also quite a few who label
themselves "privacy advocates" whose standards do a 180 when the privacy
involved is that of the likes of Mykotronx...

andrew

Thread