1993-08-30 - The need for FREE cryptography …

Header Data

From: strat@abc.ksu.ksu.edu (Steve Davis)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com (cypherpunks)
Message Hash: 7d775fb389a36751458561dd802712543b59b015c015dddc09c2da9b4452c50f
Message ID: <9308301100.AA13519@abc.ksu.ksu.edu>
Raw Date: Mon, 30 Aug 93 04:03:41 PDT

Raw message

From: strat@abc.ksu.ksu.edu (Steve Davis)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 93 04:03:41 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com (cypherpunks)
Subject: The need for FREE cryptography ...

There is still a void in the arena of free public encryption systems for
regular human beings.  It would be wonderful if somebody would put a
reasonably secure package (much like PGP) and copyleft the source.  PGP has
never been a very useful tool to me as a programmer because of its internal
structure.  What I'd need, if I wanted to integrate this technology into
new platforms such as voice communication or an encrypted file system, is a
library of tools for shuffling this data around and piping it through the
"magic" algorithms.

I wonder if somebody on this list could outline what efforts are being made
in this area.

Stratocaster
--
                                               Steve Davis (strat@cis.ksu.edu)