1993-08-12 - neural nets

Header Data

From: remail@tamsun.tamu.edu
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7fe47e7766fa513139d85ca660e49fe99b68d30d851f7aef4e60185dd35dd61e
Message ID: <9308122227.AA22138@tamsun.tamu.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 12 Aug 93 15:28:14 PDT

Raw message

From: remail@tamsun.tamu.edu
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 93 15:28:14 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: neural nets

Speaking of neural nets and image recognition, my former employers
landed a contract with "various law enforcement agencies" although
the project manager I spoke to said primarily the FBI and CIA - to
develop neural network hardware and software to do face recognition,
to be used to identify criminals at the airports.

Indeed, I recall being photographed twice when I hired on - normal
lighting for my regular id, and low lighting.  At the time, I
wondered why but didn't think anything of it.  The project manager
said they were amassing a database of pictures to use as training
sets.

Pretty interesting...

Thread