1993-08-30 - Re: Apple planning to use Clipper chip?

Header Data

From: strat@sam.ksu.ksu.edu (Steve Davis)
To: mrose@stsci.edu (Mike Rose)
Message Hash: 8ec4fb2bec9e517f3132f73c2448fd62857b6ac5dfddb5eba432f420dd976745
Message ID: <9308301519.AA15857@sam.ksu.ksu.edu>
Reply To: <9308301500.AA17856@MARIAN.STSCI.EDU>
UTC Datetime: 1993-08-30 15:23:45 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 30 Aug 93 08:23:45 PDT

Raw message

From: strat@sam.ksu.ksu.edu (Steve Davis)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 93 08:23:45 PDT
To: mrose@stsci.edu (Mike Rose)
Subject: Re: Apple planning to use Clipper chip?

From the keyboard of Mike Rose:

> >> Darn, and just as I was thinking about a powerbook 180.
> >> If Apple buys into key escrow, I'm not buying into Apple.

> >Consequently,
> >many people don't like Apple.

> I'm aware of this, but don't see its relevance to cypherpunks.

Most discussion here is a technical examination of privacy and freedom with
specific regards to the use of technology as either a tool or a weapon.
When something as broad and necessary as "freedom" is at stake, it is
important to know who your friends are.

Stratocaster
--
                                               Steve Davis (strat@cis.ksu.edu)
                                                       Kansas State University

Anarchy means having to put up with things that really piss you off.

Thread