1993-08-07 - Re: Cypherpunks, keep your powder dry….

Header Data

From: Mike Godwin <mnemonic@eff.org>
To: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: 9f2c01ab7289a7f2ee1d919eb2532ea116a653f277c7846eab44b9b79b66948e
Message ID: <199308070919.AA22366@eff.org>
Reply To: <9308060729.AA14495@netcom5.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-08-07 09:18:59 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 7 Aug 93 02:18:59 PDT

Raw message

From: Mike Godwin <mnemonic@eff.org>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 93 02:18:59 PDT
To: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: Cypherpunks, keep your powder dry....

Tim May writes:

> Here's a post that pretty much confirms that Dorothy Denning is
> leaning toward schemes that outlaw competitors to Skipjack.

Dorothy said as much to me even before Clipper was announced. I think she
would have no problem with my representing her here as being highly
concerned that widespread powerful encryption (other than key-escrow encryption)
poses a threat to the enforcement of the laws and the maintenance of
public order.

--Mike

Thread