1993-10-03 - Re: PGP in FIDO

Header Data

From: doug@netcom.com (Doug Merritt)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 26117e93c16927708e30911bae5ef4129f82929af5048ec43a71681aa99dd891
Message ID: <9310031703.AA08643@netcom.netcom.com>
Reply To: <pmetzger@lehman.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-10-03 17:04:32 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 3 Oct 93 10:04:32 PDT

Raw message

From: doug@netcom.com (Doug Merritt)
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 93 10:04:32 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: PGP in FIDO

"Perry E. Metzger" <pmetzger@lehman.com> said:
> This is why, for instance, the maker of a knife can't
>be arrested because the knife is used to kill someone instead of
>cutting bread. The law is actually reasonable.

Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. I recall some years ago when
bartenders were getting convicted for their patron's drunk driving
accidents.

One can't always count on laws being reasonable, and if they are, you
still can't always count on courts interpreting them reasonably.
	Doug

Thread