1993-10-19 - Re: jrk@sys.uea.ac.uk (Richard Kennaway)

Header Data

From: nate@VIS.ColoState.EDU
Message Hash: 77b381b84bc932d207768a99662b5f42a0b88b5159b63fee41bd075d912f0649
Message ID: <9310191433.AA02530@seurat.VIS.ColoState.EDU>
Reply To: <9310190112.AA17160@dink.foretune.co.jp>
UTC Datetime: 1993-10-19 14:37:34 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 19 Oct 93 07:37:34 PDT

Raw message

From: nate@VIS.ColoState.EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 93 07:37:34 PDT
Subject: Re: jrk@sys.uea.ac.uk (Richard Kennaway)

writes Robert J. Woodhead:

>Paul writes:
>
>However, I think the deeper question is worth considering: what is the
>justification for anonymous bank accounts?
>
>Avoiding taxes just doesn't cut it for me; much as I hate to pay them,
>I recognise the need to do so.

A while back someone posted a message about being immune to having
property, etc taken in law suits.  Imagine if all your money (or nearly
all) was tied up in anonymous accounts and that all your property was
owned by digital pseudonyms (from whom you rented the property).  This
would be a nice defense if you were scared that the government (in
protecting National Security, of course) would take all your
posessions and make life a living hell for you and your family.

-nate

| Nate Sammons   email: nate@VIS.ColoState.Edu
|   Colorado State University Computer Visualization Laboratory
|   Finger nate@monet.VIS.ColoState.Edu for my PGP key
|   #include <std.disclaimer>
|   Title 18 USC 2511 and 18 USC 2703 Protected --> Monitoring Forbidden
+--------+                          Always remember "Brazil"

Thread