1993-10-01 - Re: FIDONet Mail filtering - a course of action

Header Data

From: jet@netcom.com (J. Eric Townsend)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b1ee3ca7f1cd87a50f82a6578a6def06404dc5b5f29d870ccd260e76f7b44291
Message ID: <9310011746.AA02062@netcom6.netcom.com>
Reply To: <199310010434.AA16852@eff.org>
UTC Datetime: 1993-10-01 17:48:10 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 1 Oct 93 10:48:10 PDT

Raw message

From: jet@netcom.com (J. Eric Townsend)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 93 10:48:10 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: FIDONet Mail filtering - a course of action

Mike Godwin writes:
 > Outside of the issue of passing encrypted information, it seems common
 > among Fido sysops to screen for other kinds of content. That can be
 > way uncool, legally.

So how do I prevent what happened to SJG, killer, etc from happening
to me?  How do I prevent the LE types from showing up one day and
saying 'hey, did you know there's a meg of kiddie porn on your machine
and we're taking it all away'?

Do I have pull my machine off the net and go back to pre-bangnet
times?

Thread