1993-11-03 - Re: Some possible projects/topics for CypherPunks

Header Data

From: hiscdcj@lux.latrobe.edu.au (Dwayne)
To: mg5n+@andrew.cmu.edu (Matthew J Ghio)
Message Hash: 77d38bb3f4dd29394af4d238a00f5d5dab7d37b919f009e99a4e92c25cf50792
Message ID: <9311031422.AA19696@lux.latrobe.edu.au>
Reply To: <0gpjpDm00awINIlkpF@andrew.cmu.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-11-03 22:12:34 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 3 Nov 93 14:12:34 PST

Raw message

From: hiscdcj@lux.latrobe.edu.au  (Dwayne)
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 93 14:12:34 PST
To: mg5n+@andrew.cmu.edu (Matthew J Ghio)
Subject: Re: Some possible projects/topics for CypherPunks

Matthew J Ghio blew a bubble, which danced and sang:
:
: I agree.  Altho we'd probably want to build our own boards, we'd have to
: rely on commercially availiable integrated circuits and other
: components.  The components we'd need are fairly easy to obtain, and I
: don't see any reason to believe that we will have difficulty obtaining
: computer components to build a secret network in the future.  Oceania
: will probably become a major source of electronic privacy technologies,
: but that's still several years in the future.

Oceania is, but we may be able to set up the network soon, with a bit of
effort. Or maybe not, it depends on enthusiasm, I suppose.

: : >    Or is anyone interested in starting a parallel list of sorts for the
: : >    hardware-punks?  'ware-punks?  :-)  or perhaps an even better name
:
: Yes.  Who can host the mailing list?

I may be able to. As in, I have a TCP/IP access and a very large
account. Is listserv large? Will I get shot if I install it, I wonder.
I've been told that any software I want to run I can install it myself,
so I _guess_ this means I could run a mailing list......

I'll talk it over with sysadmin, I think.   :-/

Dwayne
FAQ stolen by dream bandits

              (Dwayne Jones-Evans  IRC, MediaMOO: ddraig  )
     ( SCA: Cynon Yscolan ap Myrddin, Stormhold, Lochac, West)
        PGP public key available. finger me.  be gentle.
           internet---> hiscdcj@lux.latrobe.edu.au

Thread