1994-02-13 - Re: Strategies for getting encryption in widespread use QUICKLY

Header Data

From: Johan Helsingius <julf@penet.fi>
To: pfarrell@netcom.com
Message Hash: 3aa0462deac119010e875c9f3adae0be79fbb5aa18128b3942fd282113e1d5f3
Message ID: <199402130749.AA13018@lassie.eunet.fi>
Reply To: <62543.pfarrell@netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-13 07:51:10 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 12 Feb 94 23:51:10 PST

Raw message

From: Johan Helsingius <julf@penet.fi>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 94 23:51:10 PST
To: pfarrell@netcom.com
Subject: Re: Strategies for getting encryption in widespread use QUICKLY

> But I haven't yet found a Windows PC client that will work without TCP/IP.
> Maybe I haven't looked hard enuff.  Since 85% of all computers are shipped
> with Windows, "widespread use" means Windows (or Windoze for the cynics).

There's a UUCP gateway for at least for Pegasus. Probably others as well.

> I also  don't know why the network  vendors charge so much more for SLIP
> and/or PPP, but until IP is as cheap as async, there is a need for lower
> technology solutions.

As far as I know, there are *several* PD Windows SLIP packages.

	Julf

Thread