1994-02-27 - Re: VIRTUAL meeting needed

Header Data

From: Johan Helsingius <julf@penet.fi>
To: Colin Orion Chandler <orion@crl.com>
Message Hash: ac4ebcbd824ef610bbbde3cb78cf2999b4b2504e2faacb11bb03f1c23d511460
Message ID: <199402271834.AA24517@lassie.eunet.fi>
Reply To: <Pine.3.87.9402261550.A15140-0100000@crl.crl.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-27 19:07:27 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 27 Feb 94 11:07:27 PST

Raw message

From: Johan Helsingius <julf@penet.fi>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 94 11:07:27 PST
To: Colin Orion Chandler <orion@crl.com>
Subject: Re: VIRTUAL meeting needed

> I agree... IRC is much too limited compared to the bast virtual realities
> of MOOs,

I agree. But we need to have a meeting, not a virtual reality.

MOOs are a really interesting social experiment, but I prefer to live
in the real world. IRC is a simple, straightforward everyday tool that
doesn't get in your way and doesn't try to impose some internal fake
universe on you.

>  and IRC is also much more unrealible... we have IRC for about 12
> hours a day, simply because the server for IRC keeps killing itself :(

Sure. And my notebok PC is much more unreliable than my Sun. It's keyboard
keeps going dead. So we should all abandon PC:s and switch to Suns ;-)

	Julf

Thread