1994-04-27 - Re: Faking hostnames and inconvenient anon IP

Header Data

From: Sameer <sameer@soda.berkeley.edu>
To: rarachel@prism.poly.edu (Arsen Ray Arachelian)
Message Hash: 1ad9496f1bf3e5152dad6102b8742211246004278db44c1dae3bbffcb92f98c0
Message ID: <199404271955.MAA16184@soda.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <9404271617.AA29790@prism.poly.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-27 19:56:05 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 27 Apr 94 12:56:05 PDT

Raw message

From: Sameer <sameer@soda.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 94 12:56:05 PDT
To: rarachel@prism.poly.edu (Arsen Ray Arachelian)
Subject: Re: Faking hostnames and inconvenient anon IP

> In that case one of us (who owns a machine directly plugged into the net)
> should set up an anon server that doesn't check for user/host names, or
> better yet, provide a bouncing off point for anonymous telnet...  Say
> something like you telnet to port 666 on toad.com, and then you're given

	Well starting sometime this summer I'm going to start selling shell
accounts, and I don't plan on spending much time verifying that there is a
TrueName associated with any given account. All I will care is that I get
my money and that the account isn't used to violate any security. I'll only
have a 14.4 analog connection to the net at first but as time goes on I'll
get a faster link. (As people pay me..) (If I get a report that the account
has been abused, I probably just shut it off with no refund.. I'll develop
a more specific policy when the time comes.)
	It's not exactly what you wanted, but it's privacy.

Thread