1994-04-12 - Re: Cyber PsyOps & Media

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@snark.imsi.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: df7ab474dc37f8d2301ee48cc179e3dbda609d233ae58a3d35ec30801b087105
Message ID: <9404121745.AA25274@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <9404121008.aa22177@deeptht.armory.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-12 17:46:48 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 12 Apr 94 10:46:48 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@snark.imsi.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 94 10:46:48 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Cyber PsyOps & Media

Jeff Davis says:
> I just got off the phone with David Wilson with the Chronicle of Higher
> Education.

A really well known publication.

> Sarah Simpson confirmed my membership in EFF to him, and said
> I'd better talk to him myself.

Yup, its real hard to get EFF membership so check those credentials,
folks.

> I told him the document was posted to Usenet, I just accelerated the
> news of its leak.

That document contained SO MUCH unexpected information we can see why
you cared that much.

> I told him it was my statement that a wake up call was needed to the
> American public.

I'd suggest using the phone. Call all the numbers in lexicographic
sorting order starting with 201-221-0001 and work upwards. Happy
dialing.

> They need to take the initiative themselves to attain internet
> access by their own means.

Remember, the lightbulb contains the seeds of its own revolution.

> He asked for a copy of my essay, _Paradigms_of_ Revolution_

A classic -- I can see why he wanted it.

> That is a complete report.

We would ask that from now on you file your reports by typing

cat report >/dev/null

We will receive all the important contents of your reports far faster
that way than via email.

> Speaking & Thinking For Myself!

Thank goodness you aren't thinking for someone else!

> *** O U T L A W S  On The  E L E C T R O N I C  F R O N T I E R ****
> ***** Committed to Free Public Internet Access for World Peace *****

*PLONK*

Perry