1994-05-12 - Re: State Dept Response to my second CJ request

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@snark.imsi.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5850a62c0121515ea481b72e56ebd5149e33a006af8a70d8ca5b12b8ce62e133
Message ID: <9405121145.AA15394@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <9405121138.AA15358@snark.imsi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-12 11:46:06 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 12 May 94 04:46:06 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@snark.imsi.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 94 04:46:06 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: State Dept Response to my second CJ request

"Perry E. Metzger" says:
> Frankly, the case seems airtight right now. The government is
> contending that only Americans can type. The position is so idiotic as
> to be untenable. I don't think there is any need for additional
> rigamarole -- Phil should appeal the current ruling and then take them
> to court as is.

I realized that I sounded overoptimistic in what I just said. Let me
clarify.

Courts may of course find against us, but the case is as strong as it
can possibly get right now -- no better opportunity is going to arise.

Perry

Thread