1994-05-12 - Re: State Dept Response to my second CJ request

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@snark.imsi.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 882f85dd0f34e0f64fa80e1a908f89d00df3f0d295620eeb43d6abd28f2b0982
Message ID: <9405121138.AA15358@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <199405120455.AAA00840@duke.bwh.harvard.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-12 11:38:51 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 12 May 94 04:38:51 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@snark.imsi.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 94 04:38:51 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: State Dept Response to my second CJ request

Adam Shostack says:
> Bill Sommerfeld:
>
> | Does anyone think it would be worthwhile to go through the rigamarole
> | of CJ requests for "intermediate" cases?  Or is that just splitting
> | hairs?
>
> 	Actually, I was batting around the idea earlier of reading the
> code onto audio tape.

Frankly, the case seems airtight right now. The government is
contending that only Americans can type. The position is so idiotic as
to be untenable. I don't think there is any need for additional
rigamarole -- Phil should appeal the current ruling and then take them
to court as is.

Perry

Thread