1994-05-19 - Re: Penet ID allocated

Header Data

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in (Rishab Aiyer Ghosh)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6b2f00afce5eb5ff6cdac7747755cdc521cd78d19da953c28a6783630ed17036
Message ID: <0eaoNc2w165w@dxm.ernet.in>
Reply To: <9405170741.ZM2328@dpair.csd.sgi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-19 15:03:55 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 19 May 94 08:03:55 PDT

Raw message

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in (Rishab Aiyer Ghosh)
Date: Thu, 19 May 94 08:03:55 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Penet ID allocated

whitaker@dpair.csd.sgi.com (Russell Whitaker) writes:

> I got a similar mailing from penet, for no good reason.  Anyone else seeing
> this?  Mail header shows that I was sent the message directly, with a differe
> anon id than the one Rishab was sent, which suggests to me these IDs are bein
> generated for individuals ad hoc.

Anyone who posts (without a previously allocated ID) seems to get one. The ID's
are generated ad hoc, they're penet pseudonyms. I did a who cypherpunks to
identify the culprit, but found this:
na97762@anon.penet.fi

As I recall, naXXX addresses are _not_ double-blinded? Maybe this used to be an
anXXX?

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh                                          rishab@dxm.ernet.in

Voicemail +91 11 3760335; Vox/Fax/Data 6853410
H-34C Saket New Delhi 110017 INDIA

The National Short-Sleeved Shirt Association says:
                                             Support your right to bare arms!

Thread