1994-05-02 - Re: The American money capture

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@snark.imsi.com>
To: Blanc Weber <blancw@microsoft.com>
Message Hash: c7ae6c8092194bd32970be9624f74100c54ad8633db3989f4cc09e5fb5cabe4e
Message ID: <9405022007.AA26923@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <9405021827.AA14132@netmail2.microsoft.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-02 20:07:25 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 2 May 94 13:07:25 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@snark.imsi.com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 94 13:07:25 PDT
To: Blanc Weber <blancw@microsoft.com>
Subject: Re: The American money capture

Blanc Weber says:
> Would it be too complex and lengthy an explanation to provide to say
> how the money supply is decided in the first place; that is, how an
> appropriate amount of it is calculated initially?  Is this in reference
> to the gold or other backing which gives each dollar its monetary value?

The explanation would certainly be of interest to some, but I would
suggest asking on sci.econ, rather than here on cypherpunks. I don't
want to sound like a wet blanket, but there ARE forums for discussing
this sort of thing.

Hell, I'll happily answer the question, too, if asked -- in PRIVATE
email.

Perry

Thread