1994-06-18 - Re: Andy Grove on Clipper

Header Data

From: charles lewton <clewton@netcom.com>
To: Mike Duvos <mpd@netcom.com>
Message Hash: e3f9a392c9cb0cdb50a9b9a65ff1affdf9d4c602c3ba84eeb0900b483ebd77e9
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9406181451.A20530-0100000@netcom>
Reply To: <199406182001.NAA06781@netcom13.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-06-18 21:39:23 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 18 Jun 94 14:39:23 PDT

Raw message

From: charles lewton <clewton@netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 94 14:39:23 PDT
To: Mike Duvos <mpd@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Andy Grove on Clipper

If you substitute the word "gun" for "crypto" most all of this applies to
your second amendment rights as well.

The plan seems to be to demonize and then ridicule the target group until
the masses are convinced they are not worthy of rights.  The best known
case:  Germany in the 30s and 40s.  The new Jew=crypto user.

Mike is exactly right when he states that every story in print or video or
radio highlights the miniscule misuse of crypto and, of course, the
Oprah generation eats it up.  Now, they do not give the relative misuse of
crypto, it must be huge or why would they report it as a problem, right?
About like the horrendous number of crimes committed with so-called
assault weapons, which on a bad day might approach 1%.

Let us not forget RICO while we're at it, talking about seizing.

                                             clewton@netcom.com
					     E-mail for PGP 2.x
                                             public key

Thread