1994-07-29 - What kind of encryption to incorporate?

Header Data

From: vincie@blaze.cs.jhu.edu (Michael Ko)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a0a99c401f51f1c2709cc8a970e3ba9727e8b2680cc28781660239ecdf0b8606
Message ID: <31b3it$o6i@blaze.cs.jhu.edu>
Raw Date: Fri, 29 Jul 94 07:27:05 PDT

Raw message

From: vincie@blaze.cs.jhu.edu (Michael Ko)
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 94 07:27:05 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: What kind of encryption to incorporate?

I'm finishing up on a stegography(sp?) program that uses GIF and WAV
files. It was inspired by Cypherella's Stego program for the Mac.
In the program, I incorporate the filename, length, then data to the
GIF or WAV file. RIght now, I just use a basic secrey key encryption.
It will XOR each data byte with a byte in the password and repeat this.
Is there a better way to encrypt the data that is just has easy to code?

Sorry if this an FAQ. I couldn't find an FAQ for this group.

Michael Ko
 / ...the chances of getting picked up by another/     The Invincible      \
/ ship within those thirty seconds are 2 to the  /    vincie@cs.jhu.edu     \
\ power of 276709 to one against." - From The    \ Computer Science Depart. /
 \ Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - D. Adams   \ Johns Hopkins University/

Thread