1994-07-11 - Re: NII, NSA and Computer Security Act of 1987

Header Data

From: Carl Ellison <cme@tis.com>
To: koontzd@lrcs.loral.com
Message Hash: f4071293a950f687f15e719c201f887ae8905cf9d7fdc2dc34b586dd55f41bcb
Message ID: <9407111338.AA03381@tis.com>
Reply To: <9407090437.AA16516@io.lrcs.loral.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-07-11 13:38:38 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 11 Jul 94 06:38:38 PDT

Raw message

From: Carl Ellison <cme@tis.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 94 06:38:38 PDT
To: koontzd@lrcs.loral.com
Subject: Re: NII, NSA and Computer Security Act of 1987

>Date: Fri, 8 Jul 94 21:37:00 PDT
>From: koontzd@lrcs.loral.com (David Koontz )
>To: cypherpunks@toad.com
>Subject:  NII, NSA and Computer Security Act of 1987

>Is our friendly TLA breaking CSA 1987 or has Congress been sold a bill of
>goods?  (This is analagous to making the phone system a matter of National
>Security, something more in tune with an Evil Empire.)

Our friendly TLA had a severe budget cut a few years ago.  Nothing like
that to wake you up to the need to find ways to be useful/needed.

>One wonders if this implies Escrow Encryption Standard compliant cryptographic
>hardware before one is allowed to participate in what is being billed as a
>public accessible service?

Of course.

 - Carl

Thread