1994-08-02 - Re: Questions about Microsoft and Software Key Escrow

Header Data

From: Daniel Carosone <danielce@ee.mu.oz.au>
To: Aron Freed <s009amf@discover.wright.edu>
Message Hash: 4bdb85cdf894bccc666a78c9e7d01d2266b53c81c46415e652f55b2c0a5217bd
Message ID: <199408021436.AAA09246@anarres>
Reply To: <199407281915.MAA13890@netcom10.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-02 14:25:58 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 2 Aug 94 07:25:58 PDT

Raw message

From: Daniel Carosone <danielce@ee.mu.oz.au>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 94 07:25:58 PDT
To: Aron Freed <s009amf@discover.wright.edu>
Subject: Re: Questions about Microsoft and Software Key Escrow

Aron Freed writes:

 > Here's another possibility.. We put out the word that we don't buy
 > Chicago or any somftware that has SKE built in. KEep your old stuff or
 > make your own operating system. I think most of the computer programmers
 > could on joint effort create something better than what is on the market
 > anyway.

An off-topic aside: this is already done. Check out the NetBSD and
Linux projects sometime. NetBSD is about to release 1.0, the first
fully-working unencumbered release of bsd 4.4 for several
platforms. Linux is well known by now. I have both, they are far
superior for my needs than any MS product.

--
Dan.

Thread