1994-08-24 - Re: Anonymous questionnaires

Header Data

From: sdw@lig.net (Stephen D. Williams)
To: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
Message Hash: 9679c1dd74490012f44bfcac3f15885d4ae07e7279dd000b1e4d39bddfe9aa97
Message ID: <m0qdNLG-0009z1C@sdwsys>
Reply To: <199408242201.PAA05831@netcom7.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-24 22:35:16 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 24 Aug 94 15:35:16 PDT

Raw message

From: sdw@lig.net (Stephen D. Williams)
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 94 15:35:16 PDT
To: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
Subject: Re: Anonymous questionnaires

> You wrote to my question regarding anonymous questionnaires:
>
> >I don't know if the researchers are willing to change their methodology just
> >for you, but it's easy to meet all the requirements you listed:  Put your
> This system would not provide
>
> >  1. Correlate my answers to the answers of my partner.
>

> -- Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>  PGP public key by finger

Easy: you and your partner each write the same large random number on the
inner envelopes...

Even if there were collisions, it wouldn't affect statistical results.

Multiple partners could be handled this way.
An auditing agency could be hired to do the envelope opening.

An electronic version of this should be easy, but the envelope
scenario is a good description of the idea.  (To the non-cryps.)
(Funny recycling of crypts gang name...  Who are the Bloods? Gov?)

sdw
--
Stephen D. Williams  Local Internet Gateway Co.; SDW Systems 513 496-5223APager
LIG dev./sales       Internet: sdw@lig.net

Thread