1994-08-22 - Re: Snore…Re: e$: buyinfo, internet commerce, and GMU

Header Data

From: Jason W Solinsky <solman@MIT.EDU>
To: pfarrell@netcom.com
Message Hash: d9c12c3940eec9770042d81ff8fd5323e0bc546acceae42b47e4b443d352ca65
Message ID: <9408220542.AA09717@ua.MIT.EDU>
Reply To: <1702.pfarrell@netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-22 05:43:02 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 21 Aug 94 22:43:02 PDT

Raw message

From: Jason W Solinsky <solman@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 94 22:43:02 PDT
To: pfarrell@netcom.com
Subject: Re: Snore...Re: e$: buyinfo, internet commerce, and GMU

> Cox is getting a lot of press and is positioning his team to get some
> serious NIS&T money. There are serious privacy problems with Cox's
> superdistribution. There may be solutions, but so far, nothing that I've
> seen mitigates the 1984 aspects of Cox's ideas.

Can you elaborate on that? I've been pushing what I understand to be
superdistribution (although never by that name) forever (as measured
in 20 yr old time) and I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the aspects
of which you speak. Has he proposed some sort of nightmarish enforcement
system?

Cheers,

Jason W. Solinsky

Thread