1994-09-21 - Re: Laws Outside the U.S.

Header Data

From: M.Gream@uts.EDU.AU (Matthew Gream)
To: M.Gream@uts.EDU.AU (Matthew Gream)
Message Hash: 08a64d3c5e1ea2df0f5745e80bbe2046b1cd483d3f5f6f7f42f2272b24b0d7b9
Message ID: <9409210218.AA06839@acacia.itd.uts.EDU.AU>
Reply To: <9409202313.AA10990@acacia.itd.uts.EDU.AU>
UTC Datetime: 1994-09-21 02:15:55 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 20 Sep 94 19:15:55 PDT

Raw message

From: M.Gream@uts.EDU.AU (Matthew Gream)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 94 19:15:55 PDT
To: M.Gream@uts.EDU.AU (Matthew Gream)
Subject: Re: Laws Outside the U.S.

Possible misconception (was rushing to beat a system downtime):

"Matthew Gream" wrote:
>   in writing from the Minister of State for Defence _or_ someone
>   authorised in writing by him/her. This legislation doesn't seem to
>   have been applied.

When I mean "hasn't been applied", I mean as in it doesn't seem that
anyone has been prosecuted explicitly for crypto export. The
regulations deal with lots of other things as well (export to Iraq,
Libya, <insert bad guy of the month> and export of nuclear and
munitions et al) and it's sure to have been enforced on many other
points.

Matthew.
--
Matthew Gream